Tuesday, December 22, 2009

O King of All the Nations

" O King of all the nations, the only joy of every hunan heart, come and save the creatures you fashioned from the dust."


Today we entertained a creature from the dust. We have never allowed a dog in our home before. Of course, the keeper didn't ask us if we wanted to have a dog visit us. But we knew that when she started moving our food dishes around, and our catnip toys, that people were coming. We are used to that. But a dog! Not a big dog. A sturdy little one that sat in the dining room while we hid under the bed. I ventured out to see what it was--a mop-like animal, close to the ground, and Biscuit ( that's her name) started chasing me in my home. Of course Alice and I endured another hour under the bed. I think I could have taken her on, but she surprised me, and because of my bladder infection or whatever, I have been weaker than usual. And besides I am almost 15...that's 105 in human years. And she tried to eat our mice. She actually might have eaten the plastic body of one, but the keeper yanked the pelt out of her mouth.

The people were fine. They feasted on soup and bread and salads and memories of younger days. And they weren't in any hurry. The lady with the dog was very nice, but the dog needs one of those Dog Whisperers. We could volunteer. We would whisper some sweet nothings in those little ears.

After Biscuit left, we spent the whole afternoon re-marking our home. She sniffed and rubbed up against all of our marks. Perhaps we will go visit her house, and see what she thinks of that. We understand that she lives with cats. We are sure that they don't let her get away with anything down there.


No comments:

Post a Comment