Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Wednesday of Easter Week

What an Easter week! The keeper and I slept in late today and she finally got up and fed me. Lucky I didn't pass out from hunger. It's raining again. Very gray, damp, inside of vacuum cleaner bag sky. The keeper thought she was going to go out and work in the yard. But it didn't happen. She went to the nursery instead and bought fertilizer and compost, along with some vegies and flowers. She will plant them later, when it is nicer. (Hopefully, before summer is over).

She brought home these little pieces of cloth that she said is a bathing suit. She says it is for Hawaii. She says she wears a bigger size than she used to and although it's two pieces, they cover a whole lot more than they used to. She is getting ready to go to Hawaii later this spring. I wonder if I get to go. I bet not. I wonder who will take care of me. I am sure it will be someone good who will brush me and give me treats. She also told me that I could have a kitten or a new friend because she realizes I am getting lonely. I bet I will have to wait till she gets back from her trip, whenever that will be.

During this little break we watched two wonderful videos: Elsa and Fred--a Spanish-Argentinian film about a widow and widower who fall in love and come alive. Then we watched The Red Violin, an incredible film about a red violin which is 350 years old and it tells the story of those who at one time loved it--from Italy to Vienna to England to China to Montreal. Beautiful, powerful story!

We were also in the middle of conversations about the new Archbishop-elect of Los Angeles and what this appointment portends for the west coast. I don't think it will affect felines much, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment