Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Terror!

The day started innocently enough.  But before I knew it I was tossed into the cage, placed into the front seat of the keeper's car and driven to the place from which my brother, Stassi, did not come back alive.  I howled all the way there, and no amount of the keeper meowing "Tantum Ergo" could quiet me.  I was raging against the doctors of death!  I howled all the way into the vet, then had an asthma attack and started to pant.  Finally they let the keeper hold me for the examination.  She didn't seem too concerned and I didn't know why.  The next thing I knew I was in my cage and down in the lab where they poked me with needles.  I howled so loud that the keeper said she could hear me upstairs.  I was not going to die quietly. 

Next thing I knew I was back in the car in the cage heading home, and I wasn't dead.  I overheard the keeper and the vet and the techs saying that they thought I was associating Stassi's death with this trip to the vet.  You better believe I was!

I am home now, and the shot they gave me to calm my lungs down , has already stopped the raspy breathing.  I don't sound like a pig anymore.  I will sleep well tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment