Friday, June 25, 2010

Outdoors at Last!


Finally, I am resting on a deck chair.  The keeper hauled out the cushions today.  They smell like Stassi, which is comforting to me.  It rained a little bit this morning and so it was damp and Stassi.  But I spent several hours pondering the back yard, watching squirrels, keeping a sharp eye out for  cats crossing the boundary which I had clearly marked.  Not a lot of action, though.  Very noisy birds in the laurel bushes.  Must be some good worms or berries out there.
I am fighting very bad congestion.  I am allergic to the outdoors and I sound like I have asthma.  In fact, the keeper cuts flowers these days and puts them in vases outside because I start sneezing when they are inside, especially the peonies and mock orange.  So here are some of our outside vases.

The keeper worked in the yard while I rested.  She cut down all kinds of runaway wildflowers and filled a 1/2 dumpster.  She said she had to make haste while the bees rested this cloudy evening. She also picked black spot leaves off of the rose bushes.

No comments:

Post a Comment