Monday, June 28, 2010

FT25!


Today the keeper spent all day and part of the night in church.  It sounds like the old days.  I stayed inside alone.  But she rushed to the Cathedral, then picked up her share of the CSA vegetables--an onion, bok choy, and 1/2 dozen eggs, and then she had to dash off to help prepare for the FT25 Spanish Mass and reception.  It's good she got there early to help because most of the community failed to show up for Mass because Mexico was playing at that time in the world Cup. (They lost. )  But the Mass was good.  The children dressed up as part of the the procession. The church was almost full by the end. And maybe it was better because they only had to serve 500 bowls of pozole and chips and cake and toppings.   Then all of the young adults decided that they are coming to our house for 4th of July. I hope I get to eat something.
The keeper finally came home at 10 ish, because she had also gone out to Carnation for a Mass and the first baptism in Spanish there.  A very cute young man, Alejandro, all dressed in white.
But when she got home her legs hurt and she realized she had been standing or running around for about  8 hours straight. 
Well, I didn't let her off the hook.  I was hungry and I don't like the raw chicken food she is serving me and furthermore, I don't like the chicken canned food either.  So I made her clean out my bowl and give me turkey.  She did it.  She was too tired to fight back.


No comments:

Post a Comment