Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Roofing Day 3


It's over!  So quickly!  Today Andy the gutter man came and gave us new metal gutters and even added some more and made sure one of them dripped into the rain barrel.  It's all quite spiffy.  Andy and his crew spoke not only Spanish, but Mizteco as well.  I watched from my perch indoors.  I was exhausted after it was all done.  The keeper wondered why I didn't want to come outside when she finally got home.  She has no idea what a stressful day I had watching those guys on their ladders.  All she did was talk with people and write memos.  Such risky work.  She went out and planted more lupine, desert paintbrush, echinacea, coreopsis, and some other stuff.  We are all out of things to plant now.  Except the seeds she forgot to plant earlier. 

I thought she would spend some quality time with me when she came in so I sat at the computer and played with the keys, hoping this would take her away from her work.  So I fell asleep on the keyboard. Now what is she going to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment