Saturday, May 22, 2010

?Where's Alice?

The keeper is writing tonight because Lady Alice disappeared sometime between 6 and 7 this evening.  It's almost like she vanished.  She had already been out exploring her trails, and had come tearing back in, winded.  But while I was working out on the elliptical trainer she must have slipped out again and she has either gotten herself trapped in a garage, eaten by a raccoon or a coyote, or is wounded.  She may have tried to escape and had an asthma attack.  I have now made the rounds of the neighborhood several times, the last time with an umbrella and flashlight, calling her name. I have looked in every closet and under furniture. I figured that she would return when it started to rain.  Then I figured that she would return when it began to thunder.  Then I figured the darkness would do it.  But, no sound of the little bell on the orange luminescent collar.  No little scratching.  It is very odd.  She has a microchip, and perhaps that will help her.  She is just so naive, and not used to much beyond the yard.  So this could be a long and difficult night for both of us.  I just hope she is safe and if she got locked in, can get out in the morning. Oh, Dios mio.  She hasn't eaten dinner either. I am making signs in case she is not back by morning.  I haven't seen any racoons yet this spring.

At this point, there will be no stern words, only rejoicing when the prodigal comes home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment