Friday, July 20, 2012

Just When You Think...


It started off as a very quiet morning.  It was wet  We stayed inside. The keeper read. And read. And read. I snuck out to sleep in the covered area of the side yard it was so boring inside.  At approximately 20 minutes to three I was whisked into my crate and next thing I knew I was in the car with the keeper heading someplace.  She made soothing sounds. They didn't help. As soon as she carried me into Northgate Veterinary Clinic I started howling.  I am always afraid that I may be rejected again.  It's an abandonment issue. But they poked and prodded and took blood and gave me shots and a new toy and then we came home. I am feeling a little groggy now. I recall hearing something about feline dentistry. No way.  But I am happy and relieved I wasn't abandoned. It's a silly fear, you may think, but I carry those wounds from my last keeper. But when I am in my clear mind, I can't imagine this keeper leaving me. She needs my warm and loving personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment