Saturday, August 7, 2010

Why We Came Back --III

Today Jazmin celebrated her 15th birthday--- Quinceanos---- Mass and fiesta.  It was a beautiful liturgical celebration without all of the usual limos, flowers, etc. Note that her chambelanes--attendants, all wore tennis shoes.  It was a celebration of Jazmin and her family's faith in God who has truly led them safely through more than one hell. The processional song  into the church was Amazing Grace and when she came in the assembly was singing, "Through many dangers, toils, and snares, I have already come." And the keeper told me that never was a song more true for a family and a young woman. There was a party after but the keeper had been to enough parties, so after greeting all of her former parishioners who were coming into the 5 PM Mass, she came home to be with me. 

As soon as I knew she was home, I threw up all over the floor and howled.  I think I ate a bad bug or something.  It got me chicken and sympathy later.

No comments:

Post a Comment