Monday, August 9, 2010

Meet My Surprise---Cecil!

The keeper pulled into the driveway, and brought out the cat carrier, not mine, but the one which had been Stassi's. I was a little puzzled, but she waved it in front of my window.  I knew it was not for me.  But I heard sounds from it. Then I saw a face. It wasn't Stassi.  But my surprise was this big piebald cat named Cecil who is very gentle and acts like a dog.  His  feet look like they belong to a Clydesdale or a St. Bernard.  He is 10 and his owners gave him up because they were moving.  The shelter said they didn't even cry.

Cecil is already making himself  quite at home here. He tried to sit on my perch and I growled at him.  I have mostly growled at him. He doesn't fight back.  I hiss, he walks away.  I snarl, he lies down.  I stole some of his food.  He stole some of mine.  I smelled his blankets.  He smelled mine.  Now he is walking all through the house rubbing against everything.  He has a little meow that sounds more like a kitten's. This could be an interesting remainder of the summer. Maybe we should have stayed at the beach.  At least here I can go out.  He is going to be an indoor cat, I hear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment