Saturday, December 25, 2010

WWJD?



CECIL:  Alice, why do I have to walk around with this silly red bow?
ALICE:  Cecil, it's Christmas! We're celebrating the birth of Christ.  We have to look sharp.
CECIL: We never did this in my old house.
ALICE:  Well, you're here now, and this is what we do.  This is a religious household. You know, the story don't you? Remember the keeper told it to us after she came home from Midnight Mass.
CECIL:  Oh, I remember the story, and I know all about the animals in the stable. But Alice, do you really think Mary and Joseph and the Baby Jesus made the ox and the donkeys wear red bows?  I don't think so. It's not natural.
ALICE:  Well, the keeper wants us to look good for her dinner guests.
CECIL:  Alice, we already look good. We don't need red bows.  WWJD?  He frees from what oppresses. I say he agrees with me. Watch me, I think I can bite right through it and it will come off. Do you want me to bit yours off too?
ALICE:  Merry Christmas, Cecil.
CECIL:  Merry Christmas, Alice, and to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment