Friday, December 31, 2010

Sharing Our Lists

ALICE: OK, Cecil, this is what I am grateful for:
1.  My brother Anastassi who died 10 months ago.  He was a good friend who welcomed me to the household here.
2.  The keeper who gives me food and sometimes makes me chicken.
3.  The vet who gave me radioactive isotopes to make me feel better.  I do feel better.
4.  The trip I took with the keeper to our beach house.
5.  And then of course, your arrival here in August.  I was lonely and now I am not.

And things I was sad about:

1. Stassi dying.  That was very sad. I kept waiting for him to rise out of that grave in Kitty Rood, but no deal.
2.  The DREAM Act didn't pass, although it was close.
3.  Too many people still don't have jobs.
4.   This country still has hungry people which is hard to imagine.
5.  Too many animals are still abandoned.


CECIL:  Thank you, Alice for that meaningful sharing.  Here's what I am grateful for:

1.  Whisker City who took me in and kept me safe after my people left me.
2. The keeper who decided to pick me instead of a kitten.  And she gave me a forever home.
3. Your hospitality and kindness in welcoming me.
4.  The fact I have a catnip patch in my yard.  I never knew I also had a beach house!
5.  The fact that I also have great food, good health care, and am living better than many many people throughout the world.
6.  Tina Fey.  She makes our keeper laugh.

A few things I am sad about:

1.  The fact that my other keepers didn't want me anymore.  I always tried to be a good cat.
I will never understand this.
2.  That I never met your brother Stassi.  We might have fought, though.
3.  That some people live in lands that have bombs and landmines so they can't roam very far.
4.  That the political discourse in this country is so mean-spirited.
5. That the narco-traficantes are such a source of pain and terror in Mexico.

Happy New Year's Eve all.  We are off to our catnip stash!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Patty,
    good to get your Christmas card. I got back from El Paso on Wed. (dad is now 90, slowing down; mom will be 80, okay). I'm doing okay.
    I wanted to call you to wish you happy new year but I don't have your number. Send me an email at: givalpress@yahoo.com so we can keep in touch.
    Be well and be happy.
    Robert LeRoy Giron

    ReplyDelete