Monday, December 13, 2010

Nuke-you-ler Medicine

Hi, Cecil here.  I finally get to write some lines.  One minute this morning Alice was gazing dreamily out our window, and the next minute the keeper swooped in with her pet carrier and popped her in, told me to wave goodbye and they were off.  The keeper returned without the pet carrier and without Alice. Alice is at the Hyperthyroid Treatment Clinic. The keeper explained that it is like a feline sleepaway camp where they get radiation for their thyroid tumors. Alice may be gone for 1-4 days.  She can't come home until the Geiger counter tells the clinic she is not radioactive any more.  I am already lonely.  I ran away this afternoon while the keeper was trying to put up Christmas lights.  The neighbor boy found me in their back yard.  I was just out sniffing things. I didn't get to go out anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment