Wednesday, July 17, 2013

New Life Stage



Hello, my fans. Cecil, here. I have an important announcement. Well, at least it is of importance for our household. I have entered into a new stage of my life, and we are all trying to adjust our lives around it. At my twice yearly physical, my vet, Dr. Phillips, noticed that  one of my kidneys had dropped and had a new shape. Of course, I was subjected to tests. Well, here are the results: I am  experiencing beginning of renal deterioration. This is progressive, and the second most frequent illness in senior cats. I am 13, you know, which is 91 in people time.  I can tell that the keeper is concerned.  She keeps looking at me more fondly than usual, and holds my paw.  I am a little more tired these days, and am not trying to climb over the fence anymore.  But, I am not going to let this stop me from enjoying my very privileged life.  The keeper has a human friend who is in late stage renal failure and he is thinking of traveling to Molokai. Maybe I should accompany him!



No comments:

Post a Comment