Thursday, July 2, 2009

100 K Day


I am not feeling too well today. I drank out of the birdbath again, and if that were not enough, I also drank out of the slimy green bowl that St. Francis holds with bird water in it too. Bad cat. All I want to do is lie around. The keeper even made me chicken and I don't feel like eating much.
This will be short. Today the keeper arrived at the 100 k mark on her car. She was driving down 15th NE right near her friend WO's house when it happened. She had a long red light and captured the reality. Toyotas last forever, they say. She finally discovered the rat in garage. We had been trying to tell her for a few days. But she wouldn't pay attention to us. She went out and bought a rat trap and after about 5 tries, smacking her fingers each time--no wonder those rats die...she gingerly put it against the wall where they seem to get in. We'll see tomorrow. I hope I feel better tomorrow. When it's hot like this I just want her to shave off all my fur. Alice is lying under the fan in the dining room right now, sprawled out on her back like an indecent lady.
She walked down to LFP Center and beyond this afternoon in raging heat. She likes heat. She said her favorite part of the walk was waiting for the light to change and watchng a man in a bright red kayak paddle down the lake. It was whimsical, like her red shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment