Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Interrupted Sustained Silent Reading


Alice here: I know there was a lot of Pink Martini in those earphones today, at least when she was gardening. 
And I felt it important to interrupt her reading. She  took my favorite chair away. Why? I know I have clawed it and been sick in it. And that the cleaners can't get the stains out of the silk. But it was my chair! Now there is a new one, all nice, and she covered it up so I can't see it what I am sleeping on or mess it up for awhile. But it smells like store, not home. She refused to pay attention to me when I sneezed all over her book.  She just kept on reading and laughing and responding to her friends' emails and texts, laughing some more at the silly Paris stories. I went in and sneezed on the uncovered part of the chair. I wonder when she will notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment