Friday, February 5, 2010

Stassi in Hospital



Alice here again. I 'm not much of a writer, but the keeper is urging me to develop the skill. I am filling in for my brother Stassi tonight because life at the homestead is becoming more complicated. As you recall, last night we left you off with the story of sick Stassi and some dire warnings from the vet. Today, he was a little better...still moping around the heater vent and not eating much until the keeper opened the tuna can, and then he mostly drank the juice. But he went out and prowled a bit several times, marking our yard, yet was quick to come back in. He seems to do better when he is outside. You can see him above asking to come in. But he doesn't look too bad there. The keeper worked all day at home to keep watch on him, but she was working a lot and that was probably pretty good, given the fact that he was getting frustrated with her constant checking.
Then his favorite vet, Dr. Smalley, called back in late afternoon with news of serious kidney problems and wanted him to come in and stay over night so they could fill him with fluids and antibiotics and a few more tests. Next thing we knew, the cat carrier was rushed into the house, she placed him in it as he howled and they were off. So he is at Northgate Vet tonight being pampered and revived, we hope. Dr. Smalley is more hopeful than the other vet. But we don't have all the tests in yet. Dr. S suggested that perhaps he slurped some antifreeze....Stay tuned for tomorrow.
In the meantime, the keeper went out to a fancy-schmancy dinner, but got there a bit late and didn't really enjoy it. She didn't really want to go, but felt she should. She usually likes mingling with 2000 of her favorite people. But she had other things on her mind. She left early so she could be home with me, and to work some more on a presentation and on flight reservations for a group she is taking someplace.
Oh, and thanks for asking about me, Alice. I am enjoying my solitude, yet I miss my brother. The keeper gave me Stassi's untouched food for dinner tonight. It was way better than my health food. The keeper says I am too fat. She's right. I need to go to Biggest Loser camp for cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment