Sunday, February 7, 2010

Remembering Stassi in Peace

It's Alice again. I never had any idea that I would have to become the one who dictates the blog posts to the keeper. I would like to report on our new life since our dear friend Stassi died. Our world is a little quieter, and I have been very sad, and so has the keeper. There is an aching in our hearts for our friend's presence and meowing, and scratching and purring and dragging toys out in the middle of the night and singing to us. There is a holy emptiness for all he meant to us. But we think he is at peace now because we are becoming more peaceful. We lit more candles outside tonight at our little "Kittyrood" in the back yard and they warm our hearts. But now we are gathering memories. The keeper has 15 years worth of memories and she has asked me to share them with you in the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment