Saturday, February 13, 2010

Remembering Stassi IV


We selected this photo because it captured the gentler kittenish side that never left Stassi, who always imagined himself a fierce and independent hunter. He had a way of waiting for the keeper every day, and he wasn't afraid to rush to the door, ostensibly to go out, but also to greet her. I would lounge in my cat bed because I knew she would come looking for me. It has been a week now, and I have started to sit with the keeper in the den. I have kept vigil at the window for a week, and it is time to move on.

Spring is coming. The forsythia are blooming. We have the daphne in the house and it is aggravating my asthma, but I will let the keeper keep her favorite flower. The daffodils have buds bulging. It's spring and we are still feeling a wintry chill here, but the keeper says it will pass with time. It's raining and a little dark out. That helps set the mood.

The keeper was supposed to go to a party at the cathedral tonight, but she forgot to buy a ticket, and didn't really feel like going anyway. So the two of us stayed home for a night together. We didn't talk much though. She worked on a talk in English for Tuesday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment