Tuesday, January 12, 2010

De-Lighting the House

Today, it didn't rain until 1:30. The keeper went outside, and we with her. She started taking down all of the outside lights. This year she had a lot to take down because she couldn't stop buying lights. She says she has to protest the arrival of winter with the light! So, she rolled all the strands on rolled up magazine spools ( a trick her brother taught her), and wrapped up all the extension cords, timers, etc., and tucked it all back in the garage.

In the meantime, I went out hunting mice or rats, and although I was stationed underneath the deck, the keeper thought I had gotten loose in the neighborhood, and even had the mail lady looking for me. I tried to be very casual when I walked out from under the deck. It had only been 90 minutes, and I was hoping to trap one of those little rodents. But no, she lured me in with treats, and I stayed. I would have presented her with a fine dead gift if she had let me stay longer. Sigh. She will never know what she missed!
Once the keeper had locked us both back in the house, she got going with gardening, and started trimming back all of the dead canes that have cropped up in the fall rain. She filled a good part of the yard waste dumpster. She looks so happy out there digging and clipping. She even wore her new red "wellies" as she tromped back and forth in the dirt. She even stayed out and worked in the rain! She's a bit daft sometimes. But we'll keep 'er!

No comments:

Post a Comment