Saturday, June 20, 2009

Summer Solstice (almost)

The tiger lilies have appeared. They are growing (and it is no accident) over Downs' grave under the empty birdfeeder. Downs was my best friend for ten years. He and I were inseparable and when he died at age ten while the keeper was out of town. I still miss him. I think the keeper does too. It's been a crazy few days. The keeper has been so busy she wouldn't let me get to the computer to post my blog. So here I am. While the blogger took a break, the keeper finished up her recycled concrete border for the shade garden, and planted some new salal and lemon balm. She carried all of that broken concrete someone had dumped in the parking lot across the street, and it fit the side border perfectly. And it looks organized. She will start adding other plants soon. More ferns, a tree, Oregon Grape! Our wild hiding places are all disappearing. Will she ever stop?





No comments:

Post a Comment