Friday, November 25, 2016

Behold the Days are Coming...


Hello, readers.  Lady Alice here.
I hope you don't mind, but the keeper will be offering her own thoughts for awhile on this blog.
I am a bit under the weather, and am trying to marshal all my energy for healing.

This morning I dropped off her ladyship at the vet for some serious testing.
I kept busy most of the day waiting for the vet to call back. 
And while I waited I went for a caminata, something i haven't allowed myself to do for over a month.
It was a good time to ponder the shortness of our days, 
and the terrible beauty of the ways in which we approach the completion of our lives.
Some of us become like gold and light.


Some of us are so sturdy and colorful, 
it seems we will last through winter 
and embrace the spring.


Her ladyship, Alice, is both of these. Wistful and bright in her diminishment.
And I just found some old documents from the rescue shelter--she may actually be closer to 
fifteen years old, and has probably lived 19 lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment