Sunday, July 25, 2010

Feast of St. James the Greater

This morning the keeper wouldn't let me out because she had to go to church.  (Where else?)  It was the Feast of St. James and she couldn't be late.  According to her the Mass was stellar--the music particularly poignant and the homily a strong challenge to discipleship to her and the universal church  and its leaders about making the pilgrimage from dreams and hopes of power and glory to a journey self emptying service.  She also loves the huge puppet that makes his way through the main aisle without hurting anyone. She couldn't stay for the party because she needed to be at two more churches.  But she stopped on the way to let me out for the afternoon. Can you believe it?  She even put out my toys, basket, and water.  I am spoiled, I admit it.

No comments:

Post a Comment