Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Another Day in Paradise


I am hoping the keeper is not dying or that she lost her position. But she has been home with me now going on week two.  She says it is a vacation. It doesn't seem like a normal vacation for her. She does seem very content, though, like a happy hermit, or a 9 year old in all of her forts. But each day there seems to be some person who either has lunch dinner, or a visit.  Last night she and W went out for dinner.  This morning she and C got wound up for tennis. She seems pretty excited about tennis. But we spent the whole afternoon together in the swing reading novels and some very powerful nonfiction. Tonight we shared dinner on the deck and she read some more.  I even got to eat some lamb and chicken. This is the best vacation she has ever taken, from my standpoint. I didn't need to get in a crate and travel someplace, nor did I need a sitter to stay with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment