Monday, February 7, 2011

Remembering Prince Anastassi

Today was a day of remembrance for us here, at least for me, Alice, and the keeper.  We tried our best to explain to Cecil that it was one year ago today that we laid Prince Anastassi to his rest.  I told Cecil about the years we spent together and how even as he became old, he still would hunt every day, or at least pretend to do so.  I also mentioned that he was kind of a crabby cat, and a little snooty.  The day he died I was very sad and I waited for him to rise back up from his little grave for months.  For months I sat at the window watching for signs of movement in the dirt under the wisteria vines.  I still miss him, but Cecil is beginning to distract me. And nice flowers have bloomed all winter at his grave.

No comments:

Post a Comment