Sunday, March 28, 2010

Rainy Palm Sunday


We started the day in the sun. I took a long walk exploring all of the places which Stassi marked over these past years. He sure got around. Oh, yes. I heard the keeper calling over and over again, then banging the spoon against the food dish, jingling her keys. I have all of her cues down, but the morning was so fresh, and I hadn't finished. It was me and the birds. I finally sensed that she was really going to leave, and it started to rain so I tore back home, panting, but happy to have had the chance to travel. I knew I would be locked up the rest of the day. I was almost right. But she came home in the late afternoon, sopping wet. She dripped. She said that she had gotten caught in the rain while shopping for my cat food. She brought me a sisal mouse with a feather on it. It looks interesting, but I only wanted to go out for a bit to sit on the cushion in the side yard. She let me do that, and built a fire, warming herself up while I breathed some good air outside. She showed me her palms before she hung them up on the wall.
We are starting Holy Week and moving into the Great Triduum. This means she will be going lots of places this week. She said she wants to be able to live it more fully since she really doesn't have to work during this time. She said she saw parts of The Passion yesterday preparing for a Monday evening retreat and said it was the goriest most sadistic thing she had seen, yet, the images are staying with her. She also said she had a grand time at St. B's today with so many parishioners. Next Sunday we will be having company for dinner and I will be eating in the den.

No comments:

Post a Comment