Tuesday, March 2, 2010

March

It's a new month, and we are glad for it. February was not an easy month here, and we are moving on with our lives. We have been living without our friend Stassi now for almost three weeks, and I am getting used to be the only cat. It's a good life. Is it worth being lonely? I am not sure. The keeper has been gone a great deal and has weird hours. She is talking about getting me another cat, but I hope she waits a little longer. I like my independence. I don't have to guard my food or compete for attention, and it's really relaxing.

The keeper has gotten back to walking again. The flowers are all out so early, and colors are exploding all over the neighborhood. The keeper is getting us a new roof, and so we are interviewing roofers. The roof is an expensive item, according to the keeper, and some companies invest a lot more in advertising than others, so the keeper is trying to sort out the ad hype from the cost and the real product. She says the costs are all over the place. She has also been concerned since her bank failed last week but was purchased y someone else. It seems her checks are still good. She might change banks anyway. She knows hers got too greedy.

She says we are going to live more simply. Fine with me, as long as she feeds me. She cut the NYT. She said she resented it and the fact she HAD to read it. She told the company that she would reorder it when she started missing it again. We have been watching MAD MEN on Netflix DVD's, and the keeper is hooked. That's a good relief from all of her meaningful work.








No comments:

Post a Comment