Saturday, October 24, 2009

Fall Treasures



This was a very busy week for the keeper, and a very shut in week for us. But I guess I was able to get out long enough to grab a swig of the water that makes me sick. I went out and slurped out of the plant saucers. And I am sick again. So the keeper is poaching me chicken.
She has been out to meetings and appointments, and we are in. But today there was a big funeral at her old church. They celebrated a lady named Patty who lived an illuminating life for all and it was a happy funeral despite the fact that she died too young. The keeper said that Patty had the light that the darkness can not put out.
The keeper came back home and we got to spend a few hours in the cold afternoon air. I should have stayed away from that plant pot. I know. The keeper was admiring her eggplant which is still growing, but tonight she wrapped it in a sock and wrapped plastic around the plant. She doesn't want to pick it too quickly or leave it to freeze.

Even with all the rain and wind, the leaves are still beautiful, but now they are falling quite quickly from many of the trees. We found toadstools in the front yard--beautiful red ones collecting the rainwater. We know not to eat them. The keeper says they are good for the garden.










No comments:

Post a Comment