Saturday, January 21, 2017

We the People!

Today I learned how to shove myself with muscly abandon into the back door of a packed to the ceiling Metro bus and light rail. (Thanks to Bostonian Carol!)
We met up with 130,000 others and walked for almost 4 hours.
Why do this?
I walked for the mothers and the heroes who led the way, I walked for the mothers and the children and the most vulnerable who have so much to lose in this new political climate.
I walked for immigrant brothers and sisters, I walked for all creatures. 



Carol made wonderful posters for us, and I didn't have a pink hat, but wore my mother's white French beret, and the ostrich shell earrings handpainted with a woman and child which Katherine Marie had brought me from Lesotho many years ago.





The crowd gathered at Judkins Park.
There was no way to see the front or the back. 


We started close to the beginning, we think.
But all those others were in front of us!


No comments:

Post a Comment