Sunday, December 14, 2014

What the Keeper Did with 24 Hours!



You might wonder why this is interesting. Well, it is way more interesting than what I did for 24 hours--eat, sleep, push my catnip mouse around waiting for her to come home. 
The keeper had to talk at a church for three Masses, so she left at 4 and I didn't see her til much later.
She ran into old friends at each of the three Masses last eve and this morning. I asked her how it went. She said it was fine but the 8:30 Mass she wasn't awake yet and the bright sun shone directly in her face. 
Assumption Church 

After Mass last eve she met her good friends at the Cathedral for an Opus 7 concert which she told me was exquisite and which she didn't want to end. 
Then, today she no sooner got home from talking and went for a long walk to see the lake and mountain which were also exquisite. She gathered fallen evergreen boughs and sticks for decorations back here. She said it was spooky because no one was out anywhere. The Seahawks were playing.
Then Christmas tree needed trimming while  Christmas chant played. I remember when I thought that was fun, but I am bored by it now, and slept through it. I am too old to chase ornaments which I have pulled off of the tree. 

Mountain, Lake

Then it was time to dress up for Joseph and Richard's family Holiday Party. She fed me before donning the black velvet. But she says it's fun to dress up for this party. Those two do it up royally. Decor like House Beautiful, food like Gourmet, and great guests and family. The keeper met a young man who is a horse trainer and hopes to be in the Olympics some day---Hunter, Jumping events. She sighed and told him about her earlier dreams.

The Grand Entrance

Suzy and Steve
Joseph with someone who looked like she had a long but good Gaudete day.

No comments:

Post a Comment