Sunday, November 6, 2011

Alice: Back Home Again

Last night we had a near emergency.  The keeper didn't realize that Alice didn't come back in the house with me after our jaunt outside before dinner.  Well, I ate both Alice's and my dinners, and then tried to get the keeper's attention, but she thought I wanted to go out again and kept telling me, ' No!' I howled and scratched as the night became colder.  But she became entranced with her computer and Alfred Hitchcock. Finally, five hours later, as we were turning all the clocks back, she realized what I had been trying to tell her...we left Alice outside!  She actually let me go outside and look for Alice.  I pretended to look, but sniffed out all my favorite places.  The keeper was nearly hysterical with her big flashlight, planning where to put all the "Lost Cat" posters. But, she suddenly heard a faint meow that we both recognized as Alice and we traced it to the garage. sure enough, the fur princess was howling quite angrily.  But she leapt into the keeper's arms and came in and ate food which belonged to both of us. I let her sleep on the keeper's pillow all night.  Maybe next time, the keeper might listen to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment